Loan terms, rates, and products can vary significantly from one company to the next. When shopping around, these
are a few things you should ask about. I strongly recommend a local lender for lease land purchases. Do you need a recommendation for a lender in the Palm Springs area? Just ask me and I’m happy to share some names of ones who have been especially good with my clients to work with.
- What are the most popular mortgages you offer? Why are they so popular?
- Are your rates, terms, fees, and closing costs negotiable?
- Do you offer discounts for inspections, home ownership classes, or automatic payment set-up?
- Will I have to buy private mortgage insurance? If so, how much will it cost, and how long will it be required?
- What escrow requirements do you have?
- What kind of bill-pay options do you offer?
- Have you ever worked with the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) in California?
- What would be included in my mortgage payment (homeowners insurance, property taxes, etc.)?
- Which type of mortgage plan would you recommend for my situation?
- Who will service this loan ‒ your bank or another company?
- How long will the rate on this loan be in a lock-in period? Will I be able to obtain a lower rate if the market rate drops
- during this period?
- How long will the loan approval process take?
- How long will it take to close the loan?
- Are there any charges or penalties for prepaying this loan?
- How much will I be paying total over the life of this loan?
courtesy of National Association of Realtors